Granted, she is not this chipper and smiley all the time, but I am definitely not going to mind spending the extra time with her.
It's easy for me to make this into a positive. Luckily I am in a situation where unemployment isn't the end of life as we know it. Things will be harder, I'm not denying that. But I feel like I will have so many more opportunities now. Opportunities for the fun things I like to do that I feel like I've been missing out on for a long time.
So here it is. My top ten reasons why everything is going to be okay...
1. This is my TBR pile...and not even all of it. Somewhere in there are books I have actually read, but this is the sad state of my life lately.
2. This is where I like to do some crafty type stuff. It will no longer be neglected and lonely.
3. This is what my #crochetmoodblanket2014 looks like so far. Not all the squares are joined yet, but hopefully someday soon they will be.
4. I'm embarrassed to even post this, but hopefully this will not be the norm going forward!
5. The same is true for the state of my kitchen sink. Luckily today I already did the dishes before I started this post.
6. I can dress like this every day. I probably won't, but it's nice to have the option. I'm finally going to be able to wear all the t-shirts I've been collecting for years. And I can free up some space in the closet by putting away my work clothes.
7. Most important, these are some of the recent writing type projects I have started. I will finish ALL OF THEM!
8. And these are just some of the notebooks in my collection, just waiting to be filled.
9. I recently bought this puzzle. I will put it together and hang it on the wall.
10. I will finally get around to putting all of these pictures into albums.
The more I thought about this list, the more I realized how crazy I am. It's not very realistic to think I will survive this with my sanity. I'm not the stay-at-home mom type. Working is something I have to do. So we'll see what happens. I'm sure I'll have more time to blog now, so you will get to read all about the adventure!