Somewhere along the way (probably on Pinterest), I saw a quilt made from old t-shirts. I always thought it was a neat idea. I'm kind of a t-shirt addict. I'm not necessarily sentimental about them, but I had quite a few I didn't wear anymore but didn't want to part with.
So I did some searching (on Pinterest) and came across a fairly simple tutorial. If I remember, I'll come back and link to it. I decided I could totally do it. Or at least try it. I honestly didn't think I would be successful. But here you go...
That is what 25 shirts sewn together for a blanket looks like. Cool, right? I did it! I freaking did it! It definitely wasn't easy. After the first two shirts, I was ready to give up. But I didn't. And I'm glad I didn't.
But I wanted somewhere to record the reason why I chose these particular shirts because some do have sentimental value. No one has asked me yet, but here you go.
1. Jimmy Eat World - you can only see part of the green corner in this picture. They are my favoritest band ever.
2. I Heart Jake Ryan - favoritest movie ever
3. NaNoWriMo - that shirt is from 2004...I think the first year I participated. All the 3rd column shirts are my NaNo shirts (not all of them either)
4. Another Sixteen Candles shirt
5. YA Saves - I got tired of having to explain what it meant whenever I wore it. Look it up on Twitter.
6. Can't really see this one either, but it's my WIU Ag shirt. My regular WIU shirt didn't work because the logo was too big. Also, this is the only shirt where I used the back design instead of the front.
7. Cookie Monster - I wore the hell out of this shirt. I wore it in Vegas when we got married. I didn't get married in it, but I think I was wearing it the day we got our license.
8. Another NaNo shirt
9. Lake of the Ozarks - I'm not a boat or water person, but I love going to the lake. I only get to go every few years, if I'm lucky.
10. TMNT - nothing special about this one other than the fact that this is how they are supposed to look. I've seen the previews for the new movie and...NO. Just no.
11. Care Bears - I still have the bears I had as a kid and I scoured flea markets and antique malls, and probably eBay, to acquire the rest.
12. Keep It Rural - my mom gave me this one.
13. Another NaNo shirt
14. Another Care Bear shirt. I didn't mean to put them in the same row.
15. Bazinga - I used to like Big Bang Theory more than I do now. My most favorite scene ever is when Leonard tries to get Sheldon out of the ball pit.
16. Say Anything - my second favorite movie and second favorite movie boyfriend. Lloyd Dobler...swoon.
17. Oscar the Grouch - because I can be grouchy :-)
18. NaNo - I think that one is 2009
19. Chuck - am I the only one who remembers that show? I loved it. I heard Zachary Levi got married recently and a little part of me died.
20. It says "Writer's Block: When the voices in your head stop talking to you"
21. Transformers - not sure why I bought this, but I don't think I ever even wore it.
22. Def Leppard - another one of the greatest bands of all time. I found this shirt at a garage sale a long time ago and wore the hell out of it.
23. NaNo again
24. This is the back of the Def Leppard shirt. This is the only shirt where I used the front and back.
25. Another Jake Ryan shirt...because who wouldn't want that shirt on a blanket?!
So there you have it. Now all I have to do is figure out the backside of the blanket and how to put it all together. I might be wishing I had paid someone to do it by the time I'm done.