I didn't even know for sure if this blog still existed, but here it is. Which is good because I do remember paying for the domain name again last summer. So, here it is, as promised. An update.
Still working at the elevator. Still a farmer's wife. Still a mom of four. Still tired. Still writing whenever I can. Still crocheting when I should be doing other things. There's a lot of things I could write, just to get them off my chest; but there's that very slim chance that my little corner of the internet isn't as invisible to people I know IRL as I'd like to think it is. So I'll keep some things to myself for now.
So I was on Pinterest recently. Do real people still use Pinterest? It's hard to enjoy anything on the internet anymore. Everything is algorithms and ads and porn bots. But I still peruse every once in a while and come across some interesting things. Like this post I found from 2012 about journalling. I do bullet journal. I don't follow the original formula for a bullet journal, and I don't have the time or talent to turn it into the art form that has overtaken Instagram. I've been looking at lists. Lists are fun. Answer a list of questions to find out more about yourself. Who you are now or who you used to be. Who you'd like to be. I keep lists of places I'd visit on imaginary vacations. I keep lists of websites I think I'll read someday. Books to read. Movies to watch. So on and so forth.
Here's the list I started with. This is a monthly thing, and I'm getting a late start, but here are my answers.
1. What is your number one goal this year?
Stop drinking soda
2. What are you most grateful for?
My mom's willingness to help me out
3. Are you content?
4. What is your best memory of last year?
Last year was kind of a shit show
5. What was the last major accomplishment you had?
6. What possession could you not live without?
7. Can people change?
Only if they want to
8. What is the last “good” thing you ate?
Mac and cheese from Panera
9. What is your current favorite snack?
10. What made you smile today?
a compliment from a co-worker
11. What’s your favorite accessory?
my Pura Vida bracelets
12. What is making you mad?
my inability to cope with the way things are
13. What did you have for dinner today?
pulled pork sandwich
14. What did you get done?
Not a lot
15. Who last called you on the phone?
16. Who are you in love with?
17. What are you grateful for?
18. The best part of today was talking to a co-worker on the phone.
19. My current favorite website is Tumblr.
20. What was the hardest thing you’re dealing with?
21. Today I wish I had more patience...or sleep.
22. Tomorrow will be better because it's one day closer to Friday.
23. What made today unusual?
today was a pretty normal day
24. What are you looking for from life?
25. What is your favorite thing to drink?
26. Today the temperature was freaking cold.
27. How much did you spend at the grocery store the last time you went?
28. Tomorrow I will not lose my shit.
29. What was your last major purchase?
30. My house is a home because it's where my stuff is.
31. Who is the last person to tell you they loved you?